Re: Having period targets printed

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 3, 2008
      Yes, I have.

      1. Archers are told ahead of time about the shoot and the
      possibility of thier arrows breaking.

      2. Limit archers to no more than three arrows. I'm a big fan of no
      more than three arrows for any competition shoot unless its a speed
      round. Spectators don't want to watch endless flights of arrows.

      3. The helm can be set up so that any deflections are contained. Put
      the helm in makeshift tent where the cloth can catch the
      deflections.

      James
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <kad.dsl@...> wrote:

      > James,
      > This sounds intriguing but all I can think of is piles of
      > shattered arrows (and the outrageous cost of fletching supplies
      these
      > days) and arrows deflecting off of it into something/someone they
      > shouldn't. Have you had any ideas for extra safety precautions for
      > such a shoot?
      >
      > -Kean
      >
      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "jameswolfden" <jameswolfden@>
      > wrote:
      > > Now, that we don't mind shooting at a real stick, my next goal
      is to
      > > get them over the fear of shooting at a real steel helm.
      > >
      > > James Wolfden

    • NtxDvr
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9, 2008
        Pillaged Village is also close to Dayton OH - maybe they can do it for you?