Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: October 10-12, Gilbert O'Gormley Memorial Archery Festival

  • ronan mackee
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
      not a problem I will do that but I can tell you one of our fun shoots down here that is very poplar it's called light your dead

      We dress a from bear in a tunic and make it roll on the ground special rig with wheels

      we have a rope tied to it so we can pull it toward the archers

      there are 2 archers one on the left and one on the right

      now when someone pulls the bear towards the archers they have to shoot as many arrows as they can

      the one with the most arrows wins

      now here is the kicker there is a balloon in the middle of the tunic if you pop the balloon you win doesn't matter how many arrows the other archer had so you can go for speed or wait for for your mark

      oh yea everybody shoots the same bows and arrows it make it challenging 25 lbs bows and flu flu arrows it make it even

      so basicly ererybody gets a no# and it is in a bucket someone picks the no# when your no# is called you shoot agants who ever
      this what make it fun you could stand next to the best or a beginner it's up to fate

      if you want more info let me know we have a blast down here