Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Having period targets printed

  • Tom Pilcher
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 3, 2008
      The other James here,

      When we did this this summer we took multiple precautions.

      1) Loaner arrows were available if desired.
      2) The shoots were limited in the number of arrows actually fired to minimize damage.
      3) The shoot was in a wooded defile so there was maximum safety range allowed since you could NOT get behind the range at all.
      4) The safety arcs were expanded to 270 degrees. (45 degrees to either side of the 'rear' of the shooters.
      5) This was the final of 5 elimination shoots so only the most accurate five shooters remained.

      Physics-wise we caculated that at 30 yds the possibility of a bounce back to the line was non-existent. Only competitiors were allowed closer than 10 yds to the firing line.

      Not one arrow was damaged, including the ones who hit the maille, although none actually impacted the helm.

      James Llewellyn ap Gruffydd, Op

      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9, 2008
        Pillaged Village is also close to Dayton OH - maybe they can do it for you?