October 10-12, Gilbert O'Gormley Memorial Archery Festival

  • ronan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      my lords and ladies

      Don't forget the event of the years is just around the corner it's
      in the Antir crier so check it out

      All the archery you can eat and then some + a Special shoot so top
      secret you will have to come and see what it is but trust me you wont
      be disappointed

      we are also awarding a gift to the biggest camp + they will have
      bragging rights for the year

      done for now

      Ronan Mackay
      red bracer to danial of monclief
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
        Wow, this looks fun, but 2800 miles is a bit too much of a journey for
        an event for me. :(

        -Kean

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ronan" <ronanmackee@...> wrote:
        > my lords and ladies
        > Don't forget the event of the years is just around the corner it's
        > in the Antir crier so check it out
        > All the archery you can eat and then some + a Special shoot so top
        > secret you will have to come and see what it is but trust me you wont
        > be disappointed
        > we are also awarding a gift to the biggest camp + they will have
        > bragging rights for the year
      • Scott B. Jaqua
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          It's also up against Great Western War.

          Njall

          --
          Scott B. Jaqua
          Hagerson Forge
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            Are you sure we have the room for you

            ronan

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              Possibly not, I'm a pretty big guy. I don't have a bear as part of my
              heraldry for nothing! <grin> I hope it goes well though. You'll have
              to tell us all what the special top secret shoot was afterward.

              -Kean

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, ronan mackee <ronanmackee@...> wrote:

              > Are you sure we have the room for you
              >
              > ronan

              Archery Festival

              > Wow, this looks fun, but 2800 miles is a bit too much of a journey for
              > an event for me. :(
              >
              > -Kean
            • ronan mackee
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
                not a problem I will do that but I can tell you one of our fun shoots down here that is very poplar it's called light your dead

                We dress a from bear in a tunic and make it roll on the ground special rig with wheels

                we have a rope tied to it so we can pull it toward the archers

                there are 2 archers one on the left and one on the right

                now when someone pulls the bear towards the archers they have to shoot as many arrows as they can

                the one with the most arrows wins

                now here is the kicker there is a balloon in the middle of the tunic if you pop the balloon you win doesn't matter how many arrows the other archer had so you can go for speed or wait for for your mark

                oh yea everybody shoots the same bows and arrows it make it challenging 25 lbs bows and flu flu arrows it make it even

                so basicly ererybody gets a no# and it is in a bucket someone picks the no# when your no# is called you shoot agants who ever
                this what make it fun you could stand next to the best or a beginner it's up to fate

                if you want more info let me know we have a blast down here