Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Having period targets printed

  • Garrick Peterson
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 26, 2008
      For what it's worth, most period targets I have seen are a simple painted
      circle about 5 inches in diameter on a larger target (generally bound
      straw). Given this, how difficult would it be to make a shooting format
      which takes advantage of these types of targets and still accurately
      measures skill?

      Regards,

      Garrick

      On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM, <blkknighti@...> wrote:

      > FWIW ...I wouldn't be interested in differently colored FITA Targets...
      >
      > Richard
      >

      > In a message dated 8/26/08 3:53:52 PM, ioldanach@...<ioldanach%40gmail.com>writes:
      >
      > > > Perhaps coloring the standard 60cm FITA rings with a gold 12cm, green
      > > > 24cm, make the remaining major ring colors all white and eliminate the
      > > > minor rings? Then we could make the argument to allow 1:1 replacement
      > > > of a 60cm SCA target for the 60cm FITA target in royal rounds? The
      > > > bullseye in this example would be twice the radius of the example
      > > > period target, but thus matches the modern FITA target and has
      > > > dimensions identical to the 60cm FITA face.
      > > >

      > > Sorry to reply to myself, but we could also color 12cm gold, then 24cm
      > > and 36cm green, leaving 48cm and 60cm white. This makes a bigger
      > > visual impact between gold and white, but we're really scoring to the
      > > black lines printed on the target, which will still be at their
      > > standard diameters.
      > >
      > > > - Broch

    • NtxDvr
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9, 2008
        Pillaged Village is also close to Dayton OH - maybe they can do it for you?