RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: flustered

  • Talmon Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25 6:54 AM
      VIVAT, Carolus Enough is enough.
      Try a new thread
      Talmon

      DER BARON

      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      From: eulenhorst@...
      Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 22:59:42 -0700
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: flustered

      This has gone on long enough. You don't operate

      under Caidan rules, we are not trying to tell you

      what you should do locally. What works for us

      with the conditions we face is one thing, what

      you need is another. Quit trying to tell us what

      we do is wrong because it isn't. When you talk

      about protecting ourselves from liability or

      dealing with politicians and bureaucrats who

      don't know anything about archery, don't want to

      know anything, and have their own agendas you are

      only showing your ignorance in what we have to

      deal with. No, we don't often have to enforce

      the restrictions we have in place but there have

      been occasions we have had to. It is just common

      sense to have a process in place. While I don't

      advocate mandatory authorizations, they may come

      to pass. In this case I, for one, simply want to

      point out that we have been doing that

      successfully for nearly 20 years, have no ill

      effects from it, and there is a simple way to

      make it work. It is now time to put this to rest.

      Carolus