Atlantian Marshals

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2008
      Njall wrote:

      If in Atlantia you can maintain that kind of archer to marshal ratio
      > then I don't know if I should feel sorry orglad for you. Sorry that you
      > have that few archers or glad that you have such a surplus of qualified
      > range marshals.

      Heh, it's the latter. We've found it easier at events to ask: "Ok, who
      isn't a marshal" anymore instead of asking who are marshals.

      It's common for there to be more marshals than not at small->medium events.

      It just became the norm/culture for any committed/decent archer to make sure
      that they became a marshal. If they don't, they get ribbed and poked
      mercilessly by the others ;)

      It's a great situation, IMO, since it allows for lots of different shooting
      while being safe. For example it's common for a shoot to be setup with say
      10 stations that can be run independantly, and for the MiC to tell everyone
      to break into teams of 4 with each having a marshal and to just head around
      the stations 'golf course' style. And there is never an issue with not
      having enough marshals. No matter how many or few archers.

      Siegfried