Period Archery

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2000
      Yes here we go again, it seems as if this discussion will never go away.

      Yes the IKAC is a private competition, the sponsor will make up the rules on
      the divisions. You as the shooting archer has a decision to make. Do you
      want to shoot this competition or not. If you choose to shoot it the you
      are required to compete by the established rules.

      As for the period division Those of you who want to shoot with a period ELB
      or period crossbow that is your choice. Those of you who want to shoot with
      modern equipment that is your choice.

      For those of you who keep saying if I could find a selfbow and the selfnock
      arrow I would shoot the period division but, I don't have the money to
      afford the bow. Sometime ago a member of the list posted this link.
      www.woodbows.com I went to this site and found ELB's for $89.95 each these
      bows are made to your specifications. The Gentle that owns the shop is
      willing to work with you so you have the bow you need. I will be receiving
      my bow during the next couple of days. I will post a decription of the bow
      after I receive it. I pray this bow will last the next couple of years so I
      can have time to learn to make my own.

      Kaz check out the site and let us know what you think

      By the way if you are able to travel, the Oldest Barony in the Known World
      (Barony of Atenveldt, the Mother of the Mother of Kingdoms) is having its
      30th birthday on June 17th 2000. It will be held at Grand Canyon College
      33rd Ave and Camelback Rd in Phoenix. this is a dry site. for more
      information contact the Autocrat Master Sylvanus MSCA at (602)246-9902

      YIS
      Lord Ian Griffen the Archer