champion knight target

  • don intini
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      Greetings from Ben Dunfirth

      I built the target Baron Caleb is refering to and Tosh McTier armourd him.   The body was a cheap coverall c/w hood. the suffing was pool noodels and  plasitc bags foam for the head. 2x2 wood spine and lots of SCA tape.
      The armour was corplast (the plastic sheeting like corrugated cardboard)

      I since have had better luck useing reeds for the stuffing. Up here the highway dept introduced a tall grass reeds for ditches etc. It grows about 8' tall and has become an invasive which takes over catails. Any farmer who has it will be glad for it to be gone.
      Harvest it in fall winter or spring, cut off the seed heads and burn them. Use the rest inbundles to stuff.  these also make good wands, etc.

      in service Don the duckman of the green village and buttman of Ben Dunfirth.