Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Books

  • Prince, John
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2000
      > I wish I could name this bok properly but one is something like"Arrowes
      > against Steel"
      > Then there is "The Longbow" by Hardy. Then theres a modern english verson
      > of the Toxophilus with the 2nd part by St charles - I have it. Then there
      > is "The english longbowmen" #11 in the warrior series by Osprey - a more
      > paperback edition and good. This is a start
      >
      > Michael

      Many thanks! I should have thought of the Osprey series myself. My
      thinking processes are really off today - my early period personna is
      NOT 11/12 century but 12th and 13th century! Time to go home now....

      Conchobhar
    • Michael vanBergen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2000
        On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:48:38 -0400 "Block, Alan W" <Alan.Block@...>
        writes:
        > I am also an archer in gyldenholt. It seems that in your dual
        > personalities
        > you have managed to miss the popular bow period on both sides:) It
        > was much
        > in use during both periods as a means of getting food but as small
        > arms it
        > was not in use yet (in your location) in the 12th century and was
        > given up
        > in favor of firearms in Elizabeths reign. There is a reason that
        > elizabthan
        > era lutes were often made of yew.

        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.