Archery Books

  • Prince, John
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2000
      Good Day M'Lords and Ladies,

      I am Conchobhar Dearg, Barony of Gyldenholt, Kingdom of Caid. I find
      myself drawn to the art of archery and have taken steps to pursue
      this endeavor [attainment of bow and equipment, etc]. What I would
      you good people recommend in the way of building a good archery
      library? Books on technique/equipment seem to abound, but I wish to
      the pursue the historical aspect of the art. Being somewhat
      schizophrenic I have personna covering two periods, one is late 11th,
      early 12th century border Scot and the other late Elizabethan
      [Scot also]. Of the hand- to-hand combat of these two time periods I
      am reasonably familar with, but the art of the bow I have little
      information as to manner, dress, and customs. Any suggestions?

      YIS,

      Conchobhar