Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: New User Equipment

  • ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 16, 2008
      greetings

      ok, so following that principal, we should go back to poisoning the nobility we don't like ?
      or shooting plague rats over town walls , or placing them into the towns water supply ??
      knights should go back to robbing the poor, and, to put it politely , " taking their pleasure " from any maiden that took their fancy ?? welcome or not ?

      when I started sca 26 + years ago, it was " the society for CREATIVE anachronism , portraying the middle ages as it SHOULD have been .
      the push was on honor , chivalry , having fun and playing at your own level .
      I have watched the pay to play crowd , the society for compulsive authenticity crowd , as well as several others all try to recreate or
      burger king ( have it their way ) the society
      you speak of privilege , can you afford a hand made horn bow ?? could you even pull it ? shoot it accurately ? and safely ?
      isn't it more of a power play or sroke of privilege to say you don't feel the same as I do , go away ??

      the sca is more closely a pre 17th century research and recreation organization than a re- creation org.
      no matter how many people some would exclude in order to make it so .

      sorry , your post just came across, at least to me as being very rude .
      be safe, be happy, have fun
      Arthur