Estrella War

  • edenblacksmith@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2000
      Please respond to jacquelin@...
      Estrella War Collegium Autocrat
      Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
      Julie Bergdorf
      2354 McVicar
      Kingman, Arizona 86401
      email: jacquelin@...

      Greetings to all teachers within the Known World, do I Madame
      Jacquelin de
      Normandie (Julie Bergdorf), Collegium Autocrat for Estrella War XVII
      send thee
      greetings:

      I am seeking individuals to teach at Estrella War XVII Arts and
      Science
      Collegium. We will be having a Children''s Collegium, a Dance
      Collegium and
      the regularly scheduled Collegium this year. The Children''s
      Collegian''s
      point of contact is Lady Eden Blacksmith, the Dance Collegium point
      of Contact
      is Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair and all
      other
      classes I am the point of contact. (Information provided below)

      Classes will be held Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between
      the hours
      of 9:00 am and 5:00 PM. (Times might vary depending upon other
      activities
      scheduled in the Arts and Science Tent). Those individuals who are
      interested
      please send the following information to the appropriate point of
      contact.

      1) Mundane and SCA name/titles, and contact information

      2) Name and description of your class(es)

      3) At least two times/dates in which to teach your classes(es)
      4) Any fees for your class(es) (Please keep your fee to $5.00 or less)

      5) Number of students per class if necessary (Please no one on one
      classes)

      6) Location change if necessary (in a groups encampment, met at the
      front gate
      as examples)

      7) Any additional restrictions

      8) Any supplies (such as water, extension cords, extra tables for
      demonstration) needed for class.

      9) A brief description of your persona''s history

      10) Any other information that might be useful.

      Contact Information for Collegium Autocrats

      Children''s Collegium

      Lady Eden Blacksmtih
      Sonja Boroughf
      1730 Gates
      Kingman Arizona 86401
      520-753-8064
      email: edenblacksmith@...
      Dance Collegium

      Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair
      Michael McCliment
      2306 E. Monona Dr.
      Phoenix Arizona 85024-4436
      602-569-7096
      email: mach3@...

      All other classes

      Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
      Julie Bergdorf
      2354 McVicar
      Kingman, Arizona 86401
      520-753-8064
      email: jacquelin@...

      In service to the dream, I remain

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
          How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.

          Ian Griffen

        • muck
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
            On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, John Rockwell wrote:

            > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
            >
            > Ian Griffen

            I plan on entering into the archery scenarios (and even foolishly trying
            to qualify for the Known World Champion competition ;)

            Hope to see many of you there,

            Phillip the Skeptic
          • archer3@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
              I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
              target range and how much time on the field is the question......

              Damian >>~~~>
            • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                At 7:00 PM 8/14/02 -0700, John Rockwell wrote:
                >How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary.
                >To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At
                >Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the
                >Known World.
                >
                >Ian Griffen

                My Mistress and I will be there (but then we are there every year, even one
                in which our castle is no longer welcome on the grass),

                James
                jotl@...
              • Forrester
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                  Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
                  Outlands will be there.

                  Forrester

                  > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                  Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                  senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
                  from across the Known World.

                  > Ian Griffen

                • Guy Taylor
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                    Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?

                    Taillear

                  • jotl@ridgecrest.ca.us
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                      At 8:47 PM 8/14/02 -0700, Guy Taylor wrote:
                      >Lord James, did you get your new bow yet?
                      >
                      >Taillear

                      Yep. A Baron Bows Briton. I like it; still trying to shoot it as well as
                      the old ELB, though.

                      I'll probably look into getting one from Steve Ralphs, too. Some time when
                      he is taking orders again.

                      James
                      jotl@...
                    • John Rockwell
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                        Phillip
                        Since we both live in Twin Moons, we may meet some Thursday evening.
                        Ian

                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                          Damian
                          Good to Know that you are coming.
                          Ian

                          archer3@... wrote:I'm planning on being there, though how much time I'll spend on the
                          target range and how much time on the field is the question......

                          Damian >>~~~>

                        • John Edgerton
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                            I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                            Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                            John Rockwell wrote:

                            > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                            >
                            > Ian Griffen
                          • John Rockwell
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                              Hey Forrester
                              Glad to hear that you are coming again. I hope you bring several of your friends.
                              Ian
                              Forrester wrote:Forrester and Thalia from the Barony of Caerthe and the Kingdom of the
                              Outlands will be there.

                              Forrester

                              > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                              Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                              senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers
                              from across the Known World.

                              > Ian Griffen

                            • John Rockwell
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 14, 2002
                                Sir Jon
                                I'm glad to hear you are coming. Please find me on the range I have been trying to meet you since you were the Society Archery Marshal. If I'm not on the range I will be camping in the Archery camping area.
                                Ian Griffen
                                John Edgerton wrote:I will be there to shot at targets and at fighters as well.

                                Sir JonFitz-Rauf, West

                                John Rockwell wrote:

                                > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet Archers from across the Known World.
                                >
                                > Ian Griffen

                              • Godwin fitzGilbert de Strigoil
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                  I'll be there Ian.

                                  Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                                  Godwin
                                • James Brummet
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                    A while back someone mentioned that a english combany would be making a working replic of Leglis' bow from the LOTR. I do not believe a link was given but if anyone wants it I have it.

                                    >>> Godwin@... 08/15/02 07:16AM >>>
                                    I'll be there Ian.

                                    Glad to hear your knee is doing better.

                                    Godwin

                                  • ssmiley01
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 15, 2002
                                      I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not depends...getting
                                      started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)

                                      I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers a
                                      few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you in
                                      the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)

                                      Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                      Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                      --- In SCA-Archery@y..., John Rockwell <ian_griffen_archer@y...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > How many of the Archers on this list will coming to Estrella War in
                                      Febuary. To enjoy the Wonderful Weather and Shoot at some interesting
                                      senerios.? At Estrella much like Pensic You will be able to meet
                                      Archers from across the Known World.
                                    • Tessa the Huntress
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 18, 2002
                                        Ian,

                                        I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                        and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                        arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                        babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                        will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.

                                        Tessa the Huntress

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 18, 2002
                                          Tessa the Huntress wrote:

                                          > Ian,
                                          >
                                          > I'm going to try and make it there. It would be nice to be able to attend
                                          > and be able to meet more of you there :) We still need to work out camping
                                          > arrangements.. and getting our stuff (armor, arrows, etc) there... and a
                                          > babysitter (most likely camp grandma), but right now it does look like we
                                          > will be there. I should know for certain sometime next month.
                                          >
                                          > Tessa the Huntress

                                          Excellent. I will look forward to seeing you there.

                                          Jon
                                        • ssmiley01
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 19, 2002
                                            Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                            message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                            moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)

                                            Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                            btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                            Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                            --- In SCA-Archery@y..., "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@y...> wrote:
                                            > I plan on being there. Whether I have a bow or not
                                            depends...getting
                                            > started is so expensive once you start buying your own equipment. :)
                                            >
                                            > I also wanted to say hello, I just joined the ranks of Caid Archers
                                            > few weeks ago. I'm a beginner and I can't wait to meet some of you
                                            in
                                            > the furture at upcoming archery tournaments. :)
                                            >
                                            > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                            > Gyldenholt - Yggdrasil's Hold

                                          • Carolus Eulenhorst
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 19, 2002
                                              Yes, There is archery at Highland War. Bunches on Saturday and an open
                                              range on Sunday if Marshals are available. Come on out. For those of
                                              you not aware of this event it is at Mojave Narrows Regional Park in
                                              Victorville, CA over Labor Day Weekend.

                                              In service to the dream
                                              Carolus von Eulenhorst
                                              eulenhorst@...

                                              On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:45:16 -0000 "ssmiley01" <ssmiley01@...>
                                              writes:
                                              > Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I wrote the second part of this
                                              > message while Macsen was gone to Pennsic and I wasn't aware I was
                                              > moderated. Honestly I'm not crazy. :)
                                              >
                                              > Bhrigid ingen Conghalaigh
                                              > btw Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with
                                              > Archery in Highlands? No news update on the website yet.

                                              GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                                              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.