Re: [SCA-Archery] Period Faces

  • SwayzeK
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
      Check with THLd Damian d'Antioche. He can be reached at archer3@... He
      has been making them for the Outlands and may be able to provide them, at a
      reasonable cost, to you also. I'm not sure he listens on this group, so I will
      also send him a message to let him know you may be contacting him. His are all
      black and white, so you would still have to color them.

      Ailinn Shadowfox
      Archer General, Outlands

      P.S. If he says he can't, I'll post something here to call you all off.
    • James W. Pratt Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2000
        There is a guy down in the south west that makes them. The cost may not be
        reasonable to you.

        Don Goen
        1495 HWY 313
        Algodones, NM 87001

        I found him on this list. HAAAAYYY DOOON you out there?

        James Cunningham

      • archer3@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2000
          Greetings,
          These targets are still available for .32 cents (cost) each +
          shipping. A typical order is about $12.00. Shot on one of them today.
          The four ring is solid black. The only part that may or may not need to
          be colored is the eight ring. If I color it I use a yellow high lighter.
          The main points in favor these targets are: good contrast between black
          and white, accurate in dimension, where hand made targets are not likely
          to be, easily irreproducible, fair durability, and cheap.
          There is a small history behind the targets and rather than go in to
          the detail I will say they have met with the approval of the Society
          Archer Marshall and the Keeper of the IKAC. The only reason I say this
          is so that folks know before hand, there should be no problems using
          them. At least beyond the aesthetics of the four ring not being green.
          If anyone is interested contact me at archer3@...
          In Service,

          Damian >>~~~>
          Visit the Outlands Archery page at
          http://members.iex.net/~norseman/outlands/archgen.html
        • archer3@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2000
            Oops. That should have been [easily reproducible]......at any "Quick
            copy" place that can do a 24x24 copy.......