Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: discussion of peerage recognition

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
      Right now we are just trying to put out the SCA wide poll. Then if
      there is support we can consider how it could happen. If there is
      strong enough support, then the BoD might take action.

      Jon

      On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Hon.Lady Arianna OSeaghdha wrote:

      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
      > >I would love to see that happen. I think it will be very difficult to
      > attain but definitely worth it.Any time I have approached the topic
      > with any peer with few exceptions, they weren't even interested in
      > discussing the topic. In Trimaris, the prevailing attitude is that
      > Archery and other outside forms of marshal arts are not really worth
      > paying attention to. I had one Laurel,who has since had a lot of
      > education on the topic, tell me that anyone could take a dowel and
      > make arrows. The problem is lack of knowledge and no interest in
      > acquiring the knowledge. Arianna
      >
      > > There is a new discussion on creating a SCA wide poll to see if
      > there
      > > is support for Peerage level recognition for those fighters that
      > fall
      > > outside of the current SCA realm of rattan martial arts but display
      > > peer-like qualities and excel at other martial activities such as
      > > equestrian, fencing, archery, thrown weapons, siege and war combat.
      > >
      > > To join in this discussion subscribe at: sca-4peerage-
      > > subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > Jon
      > >

      > > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, O.L., O.P., Mists, Esfenn
      > > An Archer must be: Keen of eye, steady of hand, fleet of foot and
      > > cunning of mind.

    • Mike Giovaninni
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 17, 2008
        YYyygads  man!
        Bite your tongue...!
        While I might strive to live with honor, I will prefer to remain the humble servant, thankyouverymuch...
        :o)
        Deth