Re: discussion of peerage recognition

  • Hon.Lady Arianna OSeaghdha
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
      >I would love to see that happen. I think it will be very difficult to
      attain but definitely worth it.Any time I have approached the topic
      with any peer with few exceptions, they weren't even interested in
      discussing the topic. In Trimaris, the prevailing attitude is that
      Archery and other outside forms of marshal arts are not really worth
      paying attention to. I had one Laurel,who has since had a lot of
      education on the topic, tell me that anyone could take a dowel and
      make arrows. The problem is lack of knowledge and no interest in
      acquiring the knowledge. Arianna

      > There is a new discussion on creating a SCA wide poll to see if there
      > is support for Peerage level recognition for those fighters that fall
      > outside of the current SCA realm of rattan martial arts but display
      > peer-like qualities and excel at other martial activities such as
      > equestrian, fencing, archery, thrown weapons, siege and war combat.
      >
      > To join in this discussion subscribe at: sca-4peerage-
      > subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Jon
      >

      > Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, O.L., O.P., Mists, Esfenn
      > An Archer must be: Keen of eye, steady of hand, fleet of foot and
      > cunning of mind.

    • Mike Giovaninni
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 17, 2008
        YYyygads  man!
        Bite your tongue...!
        While I might strive to live with honor, I will prefer to remain the humble servant, thankyouverymuch...
        :o)
        Deth