Re: [SCA-Archery] New to this list/have a question

  • Anetika Roller
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
      Thank you good gentles for your advice. I recently came across a crossbow
      at a garage sale, for a ridiculously low price. Of course, I snatched it
      up. At first, I thought I would have to do a lot of alterations to it to
      make it SCA legal. After some research and rule reading, I believe all
      it really needs is a new string. Of course, I will have it checked out by
      one of the local marshalls.

      YIS,
      Constance W.

      On 8/4/08, Frederick Fenters <padraig@...> wrote:

      > Welcome to "the Dark Side", milady. A Break-Cocking Crossbow is one that
      > folds down, like a double barreled shotgun, to cock (or more correctly
      > "span") the string. They are not very common. If you have to pull the
      > string back to the release, odds are that your crossbow is perfectly fine.
      >
      > The other restriction to be careful about is the "no front sights" rule.
      > Mot marshals prefer to see the front of the crossbow naked of anything
      > crossing over the front.
      >
      > Forester Padraig MacRaighne
      >
      > _____

      "I am my father's daughter, and I am not afraid of anything"

      -Queens Elizabeth I and II