Saw this on an Atlantia list

  • sorchaprechan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2008
      I saw this on an Atlantia list - I know the lady posting, she would
      have taken very good care of her gear.
      -- Sorcha Prechan

      Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:25:19 -0400
      From: "Elaine Koogler" <kiridono@...>
      Subject: [MR] Long bow, arrows and other equipment for sale
      To: atlantia@...

      Friends,
      I find that I will probably not do much in the way of archery any
      more...that hill at Pennsic is just TOO high!! And I usually (in other
      years) have had rehearsal for shows early in the morning...so I'm
      looking to see my bow and other equipment. I'd like to sell all of it
      as a package, but if that fails, will sell it piecemeal.

      The set includes:
      1 25# modified longbow (slight curve out at each end, an arrow rest
      and it is laminated)...it is a Jerry Hill Wildcat...I can't read all
      of the verbiage at the handle, but it looks like
      4"
      30Q26
      (something...)64
      I'm assuming that last line indicates that it is a numbered edition. I
      have had it for a long time, but it has seen little use and has been
      carefully stored in our VERY dry basement horizontally as I was told
      it should be.

      Along with the bow, there is:

      24 30" arrows that are fully functional
      An additional 12 that need some work (nock, point, 1 of the fletchings
      damaged...but only one thing wrong with each arrow)
      1 bow stringer
      1 modern arm guard
      1 modern finger protector
      1 hard case for the arrows
      1 cloth case that I made out of a heavy, washable twill fabric...has a
      pocket for supplies and a shoulder strap

      I have searched online and cannot find any prices for Jerry Hill
      longbows, but lots of references for them. I know that I paid about
      $250 for mine when I purchased it about 15 years ago. I would like to
      get $350 for the lot...this is a very good buy as all of the quality
      longbows I could find online ran well in excess of $350 just for a
      bow. Arrows were running about $55 for a half dozen on eBay. Not sure
      what they will cost at Pennsic.

      If you are interested, please let me know ASAP. I can deliver the set
      to you at Pennsic or if you are in the DC/MD area, you can
      stop by anytime and pick it up. We live in Prince Frederick, about 35
      miles south of the Beltway.

      Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

      Kiri