beginning fletching

  • Nicole Leahy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2000
      Greetings, I am new to this list. I am Liadan ingen Conamala of the
      Canton of Axed Root in Calontir. I have some questions about making
      arrows.

      There are a number of people interested in archery in the canton and,
      consequently, a couple of us who are interested in learning how to
      make arrows for the group.

      Unfortunately, it has been difficult to find anyone in the nearby
      barony who is able to help. This more or less leaves us to our own
      devices. My questions are as follows:

      Are there any good books to teach fletching?
      What jigs have others used and what did they think of them?
      Who are good suppiers for the materials?

      Thanks,

      Liadan
      (m.k.a. Nicole Leahy)
    • RJ Bachner
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2000
        Greeting M'Lord I can help I think show you what is needed. I have created a web page for just this
        siort of thing, it is part of my DIY pages. An ongoing project aimed at teaching the how of making
        your gear.

        www.total.net/~trj/archery/diy.html

        Mat

        On Wed, 31 May 2000 16:30:29 -0000, you, with reckless abandon, wrote:

        >Greetings, I am new to this list. I am Liadan ingen Conamala of the
        >Canton of Axed Root in Calontir. I have some questions about making
        >arrows.
        >
        > There are a number of people interested in archery in the canton and,
        >consequently, a couple of us who are interested in learning how to
        >make arrows for the group.
        >
        > Unfortunately, it has been difficult to find anyone in the nearby
        >barony who is able to help. This more or less leaves us to our own
        >devices. My questions are as follows:
        >
        >Are there any good books to teach fletching?
        >What jigs have others used and what did they think of them?
        >Who are good suppiers for the materials?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Liadan
        > (m.k.a. Nicole Leahy)

      • Chris Nogy
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2000
          Greetings to Liadan from Kaz, your Archer General and resident Laurel for archery stuff.

          I am teaching a class on ground-up arrowmaking at Lilies - drop by and partake, I'd love to have you.

          See you there

          Kaz