Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery heroes

  • hurlinlots@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 15, 2008
      Why not Howard Hill? He did the archery for Errol Flynn's "Adventures of
      Robin Hood". He supposedly shot people, placed blocks under the costumes and he
      put the arrows the blocks! Try that today in Hollywierd and see what happens!
      _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hill_
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hill)

      Byron Ferguson is an awesome exhibition archer today. Check his stuff out on
      youtube

    • jameswolfden
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
        There was a few Robin Hood type heroes in Medieval literature.

        One story featured a trio Adam Bell, Clim of the Clough, and William
        of Cloudesley.
        http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/adam.htm

        Of course, in the modern mythology of comic books, we have a number
        of archer superheroes with the most famous being Green Arrow. And
        while he doesn't use a bow and arrow, the most famous side-kick of
        them, Robin the Boy Wonder, is named after Robin Hood.

        In Service,
        James Wolfden
      • Kinjal of Moravia
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 20, 2008
          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Luigi Kapaj" <puppy@...> wrote:

          > I'm working on a project where it would be useful to include some
          > information about famous archers.

          The Archive reference for the Genghis Stella and other notable archers
          is at post 17848 and there is some related 'opinons' expressed in
          threat posts. Repeated here for convenience.

          http://www.atarn.org/mongolian/mn_nat_arch/mn_nat_arch.htm

          kinjal