RE: [SCA-Archery] NOVA, sword vs arrow

  • Michael Grossberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Rick Orli
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 7/15/2008 3:12:56 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] NOVA, sword vs arrow

      On the PBS NOVA (science show) episode I saw last night on the subject
      of Japanese sword metalurgy, they had an interesting demonstration,
      supposedly a traditional test (if not trick) whereby an archer (kyudo
      bow) shoots at a swordsman's chest, who must cut the arrow in flight to
      avoid impalement.
      -Rick

      Olympic javelin catching tea
    • julian wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
        That show was broadcast in "old" Jersey via Sky Satellite over two months back, - on our side of the Big Pond
        Servus,
        Matthew