NOVA, sword vs arrow

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
      On the PBS NOVA (science show) episode I saw last night on the subject
      of Japanese sword metalurgy, they had an interesting demonstration,
      supposedly a traditional test (if not trick) whereby an archer (kyudo
      bow) shoots at a swordsman's chest, who must cut the arrow in flight to
      avoid impalement.
      -Rick
    • Michael Grossberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
        On the PBS NOVA (science show) episode I saw last night on the subject
        of Japanese sword metalurgy, they had an interesting demonstration,
        supposedly a traditional test (if not trick) whereby an archer (kyudo
        bow) shoots at a swordsman's chest, who must cut the arrow in flight to
        avoid impalement.
        -Rick

        Olympic javelin catching tea
      • julian wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
          That show was broadcast in "old" Jersey via Sky Satellite over two months back, - on our side of the Big Pond
          Servus,
          Matthew