Archery Hoyles Game

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2008
      Sir Jon's file reminded me of a game we've been trying out here. It is
      nice break from shooting royal rounds and doesn't take to long to set-
      up or play.

      Here is a variation on the traditional Hoyles game that can be used in
      most ranges. This is a roving mark shoot similar to boules. The
      shooting distance is anywhere between 10-50 yards.

      Make a mark target (small diameter roundel clearly visible from 50
      yards).

      The mark is placed somewhere on the butt and a random distance is
      picked to start. This can be done by tossing the line marker and
      shooting from where ever it lands. Each archer will shoot a total of
      two arrows taking turns. Scoring is similiar to boules (or curling)
      with an archer with getting a single point for having the arrow closest
      to the mark. A second point is given if his/her second arrow is closer
      than any other arrow. The archer that won the last point, will move the
      mark to another location and pick another shooting distance. The first
      archer to five points wins this game.