Re: [SCA-Archery] Printable Personal Scoresheet for the 25 Arrow Shoot

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
      Ah. I thought it had spread well outside Calontir (actually I know it's
      used in several other kingdoms, but the extent of it's usage I really
      couldn't say).

      It's a simple benchmark shoot used to track personal progress that
      doesn't require any special equipment, timings, variety of distances, or
      great deal of time that made other shoots like the IKAC a little
      troublesome to use for these purposes. It ended up becoming quite
      popular, probably because of it's simplicity. 5 ends of 5 arrows at a 5
      ring 60cm FITA bull in your own time at 20 yards (though you could use
      any yardage you like just so long as you make certain to benchmark
      apples against apples and oranges against oranges.)

      Here's a writeup describing it (any errors are my own):
      http://archery.calontiri.org/25ArrowShootIntro.php
      Here's a more detailed writeup of the rationale by the gentle who is
      credited with it's Genesis:
      http://archery.calontiri.org/25ArrowShootBackhistory.php
      Please note that this is not an official website for anyone, group,
      kingdom, or society.

      So. If you'd find it useful, the personal scorecard I use myself is
      available:
      http://archery.calontiri.org/img/pdf/25ArrowShootPersonalScoresheet-v080701.pdf

      Like I say, I've got one for groups (probably more useful), but I'm not
      happy with it and I'd like to get happy with it before I share it.

      // Merry

      --

      // Merry

      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

    • arturdubh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2008
        I wish this had been in use in Nordskogen when I was active. It would
        probably liven things up a bit on the archery range there....as well
        as possibly attract more to the Martial Art of Archery.

        --Artúr

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder