RE: [SCA-Archery] traditional archers from bhutan

  • Luigi Kapaj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
      > Rick,  If you haven't already seen the Youtube videos, check
      > this out about the Bhutan archers.  It shows them only ten to
      > fifteen feet on the side of the target.  SCA Marshalls would
      > have a fit
      > http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhLEN4JRN_Q
      >
      > Edward deWitt

      You should see Mongolian competitions. You stand directly next to the
      target:
      http://puppy.viahistoria.com/2005trip/highlights/index.html

      I got hit a few times in the last competition I was in. The Mongolian
      archers learn to dodge arrows at the same time they are learning to shoot.
      Most professional archers in Mongolia step aside from where the arrrow will
      land as soon as the bow is fired, they are that good at telling the
      trajectory. Good training for combat archery.

      When you work the targets, you use a series of hand signals to show if the
      archer hit or missed and in which direction.

      Puppy
      http://www.NYCMongol.com
    • Rick Orli
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
        Thats cool. show us the scars next time, better than some stupid
        grateful dead tatoo any day.
        Least my key point not be lost, the Bhutan archery continues at the
        festival today through sunday.
        -Rick