Printable Personal Scoresheet for the 25 Arrow Shoot

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      Just an offer:

      I have a scoresheet that I keep with me for recording 25 Arrow Shoot
      scores when I'm by my lonesome. Each page holds 8 rounds and space for
      notes and such. My personal goal is less about score and more about
      precision, so I keep track of when I get all 5 in ring 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, so
      there's a place to circle that and a place to notate how many bullseyes'
      for the round. Anyways... If anyone else would like to use it, it's
      available here:
      http://archery.calontiri.org/img/pdf/25ArrowShootPersonalScoresheet-v080701.pdf

      I have one for group shoots but I'm not content with the format yet.
      Once I do I'll make that available as well.

      --

      // Merry

      ----------
      'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

    • Cetach Fitzgibbon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        May I ask what the 25 arrow shoot is? Sounds interesting.

        Cetach

      • felix47@juno.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          Merry, thanks for the score sheet, it looks good. I try to shoot at least one when I can get to the range, but since I have no one to witness the score, I don't bother to report them. But this will at least give me an idea how I'm doing!

          Felix G.

          Click here for financial aid options. Quick and Easy.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/Ioyw6iighofdt0h7zJMAEA4dTl0qEEb712QC9SrTarCrW6xbXCA33L/
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
            Ah. I thought it had spread well outside Calontir (actually I know it's
            used in several other kingdoms, but the extent of it's usage I really
            couldn't say).

            It's a simple benchmark shoot used to track personal progress that
            doesn't require any special equipment, timings, variety of distances, or
            great deal of time that made other shoots like the IKAC a little
            troublesome to use for these purposes. It ended up becoming quite
            popular, probably because of it's simplicity. 5 ends of 5 arrows at a 5
            ring 60cm FITA bull in your own time at 20 yards (though you could use
            any yardage you like just so long as you make certain to benchmark
            apples against apples and oranges against oranges.)

            Here's a writeup describing it (any errors are my own):
            http://archery.calontiri.org/25ArrowShootIntro.php
            Here's a more detailed writeup of the rationale by the gentle who is
            credited with it's Genesis:
            http://archery.calontiri.org/25ArrowShootBackhistory.php
            Please note that this is not an official website for anyone, group,
            kingdom, or society.

            So. If you'd find it useful, the personal scorecard I use myself is
            available:
            http://archery.calontiri.org/img/pdf/25ArrowShootPersonalScoresheet-v080701.pdf

            Like I say, I've got one for groups (probably more useful), but I'm not
            happy with it and I'd like to get happy with it before I share it.

            // Merry

            --

            // Merry

            'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder Lutre

          • arturdubh
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2008
              I wish this had been in use in Nordskogen when I was active. It would
              probably liven things up a bit on the archery range there....as well
              as possibly attract more to the Martial Art of Archery.

              --Artúr

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder