(Glueing feather) - arrow constuction

  • Greg Young/Jocelyn Wirth
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2000
      I have always had excellent results with Minwax stains and Duco cement, but
      when I first started fletching I had real trouble with the glue letting go.
      The real secret to getting the fletches to stay on is in the prepping prior
      to gluing. The method I use is to give the fletch end of the shaft a light
      sanding and then clean that area with a quick wipe with rubbing alcohol.
      In the past two years, I have had only one glue-related failure since then!

      In service,

      THL Robin Kyrke, Forester
      Principality Archery Marshal for Northshield
      Middle Kingdom