RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Making one's own thumbring: Resources? Sculpty? - Followup

  • Joe Klovance
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2008
      Since we are considering a non-period material, aluminium, why not try something completely different; aluminium impregnated epoxy putty. It is quite a tough material that can be formed into a rough shape around a mandrel then finished using files and sandpaper. It should be tough enough and not involve fire.

      Joe Klovance
    • Metin Ates
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 5, 2008
        Try "Delrin" (a kind of thermoplastic from DuPond and harder then metal).
        This is the best materials to make thumbring. Our thumbring-maker Ekrem
        chooses this material.
        Also you should try Plexyglass. These are better from any metal even
        aluminium.

        Metina