Re: Go/No-Go Judgement Call. How would you decide.

  • arturdubh
    Message 1 of 20 , May 30, 2008
      I would make sure to have a good supply of waivers for the boneheads
      to sign, so that WHEN they are skewered and they try to sue
      for "damages", y'all can show the signed document to the judge and
      have the case dismissed. Since they don't want y'all to be concerned
      about their safety -- and they obviously ain't at all concerned about
      it, either -- there should be no problem getting them to sign the
      waiver. Once it is signed, forget about calling "hold".

      Or y'all could put up a VERY LARGE sign, one at EACH side of the
      range, stating that STEEL-TIPPED ARROWS are being launched and that
      they pass through the area AT THEIR OWN RISK. Anyone stupid enough to
      ignore the sign and cross an active archery range anyway deserves to
      skewered. "And this week's winner of the Darwin Award is...."

      Maybe even do both. That's my five cent's worth.

      --Artúr

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, 'Merry' Toirdhealbhach Mirywoder
      Lutre <Merry@...> wrote:

      > I enjoy posting questions occasionally for academic purposes from
      time
      > to time and seeing how others perceive things and what judgments
      they
      > would make.
      >
      > Take a gander at these photos if you would:
      > http://photos.shireofstandingstones.org/main.php?g2_itemId=649
      >
      > We were setting up for our weekly shire archery practice at the
      range
      > maintained by the Columbia Area Archers and I believe the State
      Dept. of