Re: Arrow Weight : a nit pick of sorts

  • arturdubh
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 11, 2008
      The length of the arrow is very important, as has been said. I have
      at two arrows in my current set (down to only 10 usable arrows...need
      to make more) which are 1/4 inch shorter than the rest; they weigh as
      much as the longer arrows, and their FOC is within .5% of the other
      arrows, yet they still fly differently...because the "aim point" is
      different.

      And M'Lord Padraig, it is always hoped that the arrow's point is
      always pointed at the target when the arrow is on the bowstring. It's
      safer for the spectators and other archers that way. :-P (yes, I know
      what you meant...)

      --Artúr

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick Fenters" <padraig@...>

      Archery@yahoogroups.com] On
      > Behalf Of ICE TIGER
      > Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 12:39 PM
      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Arrow Weight : a nit pick of sorts
      >

      > Hello Fritz,
      > Since you titled your letter a nit pick....you were commenting on my
      > description not Padraig's.
      > Dalton.

    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 15, 2008
        Gentles,

        Normally I just lurk, but I couldn't resist, I'm so proud:

        At Fool's War a new Marshall, John Glass, was authorized. There may have been others authorized as well. I was working in the children's activities area and missed other things going on. John is an experienced archer, but new to participation in the SCA. Giovanni has been working with him on this for a while. Big thanks to Gio, and Hoobah John Glass, new Archery Marshall!

        IS,

        Caileigh

        between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99