Arrow weight

  • Carl Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2008
      The last time we bought arrow shafts we bought 1000 ramin wood shafts. We then weighed and spined them then sorted them into groups of 12. We came out with several groups in various spine weights that matched in shaft weight +/- 3grains and a couple, like the set I shoot (spine weight 30-35) +/- 0 grains, now that I call a matched set of arrows, by the way we even weighed the points (12 100 grain points +/- 0 grains). Yes it is alot of work and no you can not tell the difference in weight of an arrow between 5 to 10 grains or even more by feel, however you can see the difference in where they land on the target (assuming that you stay consistent in your form from one shot to the next). having said all that I would call a set of a dozen arrows that had +/- 3 grain variance to be a matched set.

      Æoelwigg Æoelfwiggsson
      CARL NELSON
      236 S. Ave. 55 Apt. D
      323-344-7030