Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Arrow Weight or How close is close enough?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 10, 2008
      My own opinion ... I have bought their Ash shafts in the past because of the
      ability to buy by the 100 (At the time it was only $100 for them, not $150)

      The darn things last FOREVER ... not I say darn, because they are also
      horrible for accuracy. They seem impossible to get straight, and then once
      straight, they are impossible to keep straight. They always return.

      The shafts I had of these I still use for 'stump shooting' type contests.
      But I moved away from them to laminated birch (Hexshafts) for accurate
      shooting.

      That said, arrowwoods does sell the Laminated Birch ... though only in 11/32
      and thicker. Personally I've just ordered direct from Hexshafts, and ended
      up paying alot less.

      Plus they are some really nice people there at Hexshafts.

      Siegfried

      On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Jeff Morton <ioldanach@...> wrote:

      > Nice, I just poked at their website and the price is about 2 1/2 times
      > the price of unspined, but 100 shafts matched +/- 10 grains is
      > impressive!
      >
      > Has anyone used http://www.arrowwoods.com/fixins.htm ?
      >
      > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Michael Grossberg

    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 15, 2008
        Gentles,

        Normally I just lurk, but I couldn't resist, I'm so proud:

        At Fool's War a new Marshall, John Glass, was authorized. There may have been others authorized as well. I was working in the children's activities area and missed other things going on. John is an experienced archer, but new to participation in the SCA. Giovanni has been working with him on this for a while. Big thanks to Gio, and Hoobah John Glass, new Archery Marshall!

        IS,

        Caileigh

        between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99