Re: Arm Guards

  • Lady Teresa of Blackwell Hall
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 7, 2008
      I guess I should introduce myself a little more formally!

      I am Lady Teresa of Blackwell Hall, I reside in the Shire of
      Schattentor, Kingdom of Northshield, MKA Rapid City, South Dakota
      (therefore the problems of finding anything unusual). I have been in
      the SCA for a little over 2 years, I am currently the shire MoAS, I
      am 1520ish Tudor. I do lots of sewing (including a 12 foot/12 spoke
      pavillion, taking way longer than I thought) and have been wheel
      spinning since last year. I have started rapier fighting this winter,
      and am trying to restart archery this winter as well.

      My daughter has been doing rapier for 2 years, she is now old enough
      for heavy combat, so we spent this last summer building a Spangen
      Helm and full kit of armor for her.

      I love the SCA and am having a blast learning and playing!!

      YIS Lady Teresa

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, runewald <runewald@...> wrote:

      > Lady Teresa ----
      >
      > Where are you? Kingdom and Group, please. If you are northern
      > Atlantia, I may be able to help.
      >
      > Lord Robert Runewald
      > Seneschal
      > Barony of Lochmere, Kingdom of Atlantia
      > (Former Baronial Archery Marshal)
      >
      > On Mar 6, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Lady Teresa of Blackwell Hall wrote:
      >
      > > Hello I have been lurking for a while now, but I have a question
      > > someone might be able to help me with:
      > >
      > > I am looking for a pattern for an arm guard that would protect the
      > > upper arm as well as the forearm.
      > >
      > > I did archery MANY years ago and I want to start again. I got two,
      > > older recurve bows for Christmas (a 20# and a 25#) and got to
      shoot
      > > for about an hour. I had surprisingly good groupings but I also
      ended
      > > up with a bruise that any heavy fighter would be proud of. I know
      > > that part of my problem is technique, but I also have weird double
      > > jointed elbows. So, until I learn to keep them out of harms way, I
      > > need an arm guard. HELP!
      > >
      > > YIS Teresa

    • Rayne
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 10, 2008
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
        <archergodwin@...> wrote:

        > I can provide a basic pattern, that you can modify to fit your arm.

        Lord Godwin,

        I too would be interested in the pattern. Maybe the pattern can be
        posted to the community under in the files area? :D

        Rayne