RE: [SCA-Archery] Arm Guards

  • Dan Scheid
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 6, 2008
      By the time stamp I would say east coast somewhere

      Damales

      Lady Teresa ----

      Where are you? Kingdom and Group, please. If you are northern
      Atlantia, I may be able to help.

      Lord Robert Runewald
      Seneschal
      Barony of Lochmere, Kingdom of Atlantia
      (Former Baronial Archery Marshal)

      On Mar 6, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Lady Teresa of Blackwell Hall wrote:

      > Hello I have been lurking for a while now, but I have a question
      > someone might be able to help me with:
      >
      > I am looking for a pattern for an arm guard that would protect the
      > upper arm as well as the forearm.
      >
      > I did archery MANY years ago and I want to start again. I got two,
      > older recurve bows for Christmas (a 20# and a 25#) and got to shoot
      > for about an hour. I had surprisingly good groupings but I also ended
      > up with a bruise that any heavy fighter would be proud of. I know
      > that part of my problem is technique, but I also have weird double
      > jointed elbows. So, until I learn to keep them out of harms way, I
      > need an arm guard. HELP!
      >
      > YIS Teresa

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      9:07 AM

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      9:07 AM

    • Rayne
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 10, 2008
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
        <archergodwin@...> wrote:

        > I can provide a basic pattern, that you can modify to fit your arm.

        Lord Godwin,

        I too would be interested in the pattern. Maybe the pattern can be
        posted to the community under in the files area? :D

        Rayne