Arm Guards

  • Lady Teresa of Blackwell Hall
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hello I have been lurking for a while now, but I have a question
      someone might be able to help me with:

      I am looking for a pattern for an arm guard that would protect the
      upper arm as well as the forearm.

      I did archery MANY years ago and I want to start again. I got two,
      older recurve bows for Christmas (a 20# and a 25#) and got to shoot
      for about an hour. I had surprisingly good groupings but I also ended
      up with a bruise that any heavy fighter would be proud of. I know
      that part of my problem is technique, but I also have weird double
      jointed elbows. So, until I learn to keep them out of harms way, I
      need an arm guard. HELP!

      YIS Teresa
    • Rayne
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 10, 2008
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
        <archergodwin@...> wrote:

        > I can provide a basic pattern, that you can modify to fit your arm.

        Lord Godwin,

        I too would be interested in the pattern. Maybe the pattern can be
        posted to the community under in the files area? :D

        Rayne