RE: [SCA-Archery] Looking for delrin rod

  • Edward deWitt
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
      I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only had the 1 1/2 in nylon
      Edward

      "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...> wrote: Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

      James Cunningham

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
        Check also under the type Acetal..Delrin is a trade name for acetal
        plastic and is usually black. Acetal plastic is usually
        white. Basically the same stuff withthe same self-lubricating properties.
        Carolus

        At 01:47 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:

        >I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only
        >had the 1 1/2 in nylon
        >Edward
        >
        >"James W. Pratt, Jr."
        ><<mailto:cunning%40foryou.net>cunning@...> wrote: Try
        >McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.
        >
        >James Cunningham

      • James Koch
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
          Edward,

          I originally sold nylon, but switched to ABS. The nylon is tough,
          but soft and harder to machine. It also has a translucent paraffin
          wax look unlike the ABS which is opaque.

          Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)