RE: [SCA-Archery] Looking for delrin rod

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
      Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

      James Cunningham

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
        Iain,
        If you can't find it locally, you can get it over the internet from McMaster-Carr at http://www.mcmaster.com/. 1.5" diameter rod is Part Number 8572K25 and is $8.98 per foot. These guys are a very dependable supplier of industrial products, and usually have same day shipping.
        Randal

        Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

        Iain GriffenRecent Activity
        4New Members
        1New Links
        Visit Your Group
        Star Wars on Y!
        Discover new content
        Connect with other
        fans & upload video.
        Yahoo! News
        Get it all here
        Breaking news to
        entertainment news
        Move More
        on Yahoo! Groups
        This is your life
        not a phys-ed class..

      • Edward deWitt
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
          I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only had the 1 1/2 in nylon
          Edward

          "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...> wrote: Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

          James Cunningham

          _____

          Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone
          know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

          Iain Griffen

        • Carolus
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
            Check also under the type Acetal..Delrin is a trade name for acetal
            plastic and is usually black. Acetal plastic is usually
            white. Basically the same stuff withthe same self-lubricating properties.
            Carolus

            At 01:47 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:

            >I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only
            >had the 1 1/2 in nylon
            >Edward
            >
            >"James W. Pratt, Jr."
            ><<mailto:cunning%40foryou.net>cunning@...> wrote: Try
            >McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.
            >
            >James Cunningham

          • James Koch
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
              Edward,

              I originally sold nylon, but switched to ABS. The nylon is tough,
              but soft and harder to machine. It also has a translucent paraffin
              wax look unlike the ABS which is opaque.

              Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)