Re: [SCA-Crossbow-Makers] Looking for delrin rod

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2008
      McMaster Carr sells it online in foot length segments.

      Siegfried

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:48 PM, Ian Griffen <i_griffen@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does
      > anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?
      >

      > Iain Griffen

      > Try it now.

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
        Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

        James Cunningham

        _____

        Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone
        know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

        Iain Griffen

      • Rusty McMillan
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
          Iain,
          If you can't find it locally, you can get it over the internet from McMaster-Carr at http://www.mcmaster.com/. 1.5" diameter rod is Part Number 8572K25 and is $8.98 per foot. These guys are a very dependable supplier of industrial products, and usually have same day shipping.
          Randal

          Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

          Iain GriffenRecent Activity
          4New Members
          1New Links
          Visit Your Group
          Star Wars on Y!
          Discover new content
          Connect with other
          fans & upload video.
          Yahoo! News
          Get it all here
          Breaking news to
          entertainment news
          Move More
          on Yahoo! Groups
          This is your life
          not a phys-ed class..

        • Edward deWitt
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
            I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only had the 1 1/2 in nylon
            Edward

            "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...> wrote: Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

            James Cunningham

            _____

            Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone
            know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

            Iain Griffen

          • Carolus
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
              Check also under the type Acetal..Delrin is a trade name for acetal
              plastic and is usually black. Acetal plastic is usually
              white. Basically the same stuff withthe same self-lubricating properties.
              Carolus

              At 01:47 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:

              >I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only
              >had the 1 1/2 in nylon
              >Edward
              >
              >"James W. Pratt, Jr."
              ><<mailto:cunning%40foryou.net>cunning@...> wrote: Try
              >McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.
              >
              >James Cunningham

            • James Koch
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 13, 2008
                Edward,

                I originally sold nylon, but switched to ABS. The nylon is tough,
                but soft and harder to machine. It also has a translucent paraffin
                wax look unlike the ABS which is opaque.

                Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)