Looking for delrin rod

  • Ian Griffen
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12 3:48 PM
      Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

      Iain Griffen

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12 5:13 PM
        McMaster Carr sells it online in foot length segments.

        Siegfried

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:48 PM, Ian Griffen <i_griffen@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does
        > anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?
        >

        > Iain Griffen

        > Try it now.

      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13 6:10 AM
          Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

          James Cunningham

          _____

          Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone
          know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

          Iain Griffen

        • Rusty McMillan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13 9:00 AM
            Iain,
            If you can't find it locally, you can get it over the internet from McMaster-Carr at http://www.mcmaster.com/. 1.5" diameter rod is Part Number 8572K25 and is $8.98 per foot. These guys are a very dependable supplier of industrial products, and usually have same day shipping.
            Randal

            Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

            Iain GriffenRecent Activity
            4New Members
            1New Links
            Visit Your Group
            Star Wars on Y!
            Discover new content
            Connect with other
            fans & upload video.
            Yahoo! News
            Get it all here
            Breaking news to
            entertainment news
            Move More
            on Yahoo! Groups
            This is your life
            not a phys-ed class..

          • Edward deWitt
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 13 1:47 PM
              I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only had the 1 1/2 in nylon
              Edward

              "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...> wrote: Try McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.

              James Cunningham

              _____

              Greetings all I am looking for about 12" of 1 1/2" delrin rod. Does anyone
              know where I can find it in the Phoenix Metro Area?

              Iain Griffen

            • Carolus
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 13 6:02 PM
                Check also under the type Acetal..Delrin is a trade name for acetal
                plastic and is usually black. Acetal plastic is usually
                white. Basically the same stuff withthe same self-lubricating properties.
                Carolus

                At 01:47 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:

                >I found nylon on ebay. 3 ft. section. They also had Delrin ,but only
                >had the 1 1/2 in nylon
                >Edward
                >
                >"James W. Pratt, Jr."
                ><<mailto:cunning%40foryou.net>cunning@...> wrote: Try
                >McMaster Carr a manufacturing mail order place.
                >
                >James Cunningham

              • James Koch
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 13 8:36 PM
                  Edward,

                  I originally sold nylon, but switched to ABS. The nylon is tough,
                  but soft and harder to machine. It also has a translucent paraffin
                  wax look unlike the ABS which is opaque.

                  Jim (Gladius The Alchemist)