Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Calendar of events

  • Mr David Sequines
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
      That is outstanding. Mine are older and are more into their own thing now. My heavy days are coming to a close so its time to spend more time throwing and pulling. I will be sure to come watch the young lord shoot at this years fool's war and with luck you will hear him announced in court as the winner.

      Best wishes
      Egon Der Richter

      Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@...> wrote:
      Egon,

      It's my 11 yo son, I want to bring to competitions. We are in Tir Briste, so the events you mention are home for us. This will be Arthur's first year shooting at Fool's War. He and my husband will be helping Gio and Jamie. Arthur has the "official" title of Evil Apprentice to Gio. Should I make him a black belt, maybe with red flames?

      If you don't want to read mommy bragging stuff, this is the time to hit the delete key.

      It was Gio who first said "Here kid, wanna try to shoot someone" at a fight practice (on the lawn of our local Sherriff's office, who are either tolerant or not paying attention). Arthur proceeded to nail Geoffrey from adult fighting range, and I think Elizabeth. My 6yo nailed one of the fighters as well. I, on the other hand, missed completely. Then they stopped because they didn't want to distract. Gio thought no kid would be able to do it, surprise!

      We went home and began carving him a crossbow of his own.

      At 12th Night, we shot at targets, and again, the results were astounding. I let him use my old 2x4 crossbow as soon as I got some bolts at home, and again, hits whatever he's aiming for. That's it, that's the total extent of his x-bow experience.

      The crossbow has it's guts but we are waiting for some fiberglass to finish it off, and I've already ordered him some target bolts.

      Who would have thought?

      Caileigh

      Egon <mindifismoke@...> wrote:
      They usually have live weapon/archery competitons at Fool's War and
      Castle War's in Macon but rarely advertise it so you only have about
      3-4 participants who remember to bring their gear plus maybe 2-3
      more trying their hand with loaner bows.

      It might just be me overlooking it but I don't think you see much
      across North Meridies or just North Georgia where they have
      archery/live weapons at events.

      Recent Activity

      6
      New Members