Re: Period arrow making

  • logantheboweyder
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2008
      The best two writings on archery in period (some would say only two
      of value for their illumination of period archery) are Toxiphilus
      and The Art of Archerie. Various paintings, artefacts, woodcuts,
      etc... do depict arrows, from which much knowledge can be gained. I
      know they found a sheaf of arrows on the Mary Rose, an arrow was
      found walled up in some castle, and there are many arrow heads from
      various cultures and time periods. There is a piece of jewelry that
      some folks suggest is a arrow fletching jig, and I understand that
      it is hotly debated.

      Logan

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Brown" <stickbow@...>