Re: Horse bow question

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 2, 2008
      >Get another bow string "long bow type", one that is
      obviously to long. Tie one end to the knock , bend the
      bow and slip the loop over the other knock. Adjust
      "twist the string" till you get the right brace
      height. Than measure the string.<

      --yea that works too hehe

      Naima

      Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
      Historian, Barony of Bjornsborg
      Captain of HMS Black Rose
      Ansteorran Royal Navy Flagship for the Coastal Squadron

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • James Koch
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 12, 2012
        Gentlemen & Ladies,

        One of my crossbow customers just contacted me with a question I
        can't properly answer. He is building a crossbow and wants to know
        the minimum weight bolt he should use. He didn't specify a draw
        weight. No doubt this will vary depending on the prod composition,
        mass, and draw weight. I was wondering if there is such a formula,
        and if so where I might find it.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"