Re: [SCA-Archery] Re:Horse bow question

  • Carl Marten
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 1, 2008
      Get another bow string "long bow type", one that is obviously to long. Tie one end to the knock , bend the bow and slip the loop over the other knock. Adjust "twist the string" till you get the right brace height. Than measure the string.

      Karl

      Naima <ladywolf89@...> wrote: I have a Grozier Crimean Tartar and he's usually
      pretty good about replying back and assisting as soon
      as emails are received

      totally understand not being able to shoot new bow
      once received..when i received mine i had shoulder
      surgury and first time i shot it was a year after I
      had gotten it lol

      I believe it's from notch to notch for the length have
      you measured from notch to notch?
      If you're not sure I would wait on bowyer to respond
      like i said they are very reliable

      YIS
      Naima

      Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
      Historian, Barony of Bjornsborg
      Captain of HMS Black Rose
      Ansteorran Royal Navy Flagship for the Coastal Squadron

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      http://www.shofars.us

    • James Koch
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 12, 2012
        Gentlemen & Ladies,

        One of my crossbow customers just contacted me with a question I
        can't properly answer. He is building a crossbow and wants to know
        the minimum weight bolt he should use. He didn't specify a draw
        weight. No doubt this will vary depending on the prod composition,
        mass, and draw weight. I was wondering if there is such a formula,
        and if so where I might find it.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"