Horse bow question

  • Dayrl Merrill
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 31, 2007
      A friend just received a Grozer horsebow. The specs provided are:

      TRADITIONAL SCYTHIAN - HUNGARIAN / SZITTYA/ RECURVE BOW

      length strung: 50"
      total length: 56 1/2"
      length between siyahs: 50"
      draw weight: 50#
      max. draw length: 32"
      brace height: 6 7/8"

      The problem is that it arrived without a bowstring.
      I can make him one but I need to know the string length and the
      length to make the loops. I have been make Replacement strings for
      the Kassai models that Horsebows.com sells but only a couple for
      Grozer's and then I had the original to work with. From pictures on
      the sebsite he bought it from I think we can figure out the loop
      sizes but does anyone know if the spec listed for length strung if
      that is from string notch to string notch ot tip to tip. Either way
      we can figure out the string length. Attempts to contact the seller
      and also Grozer's website returns a message that they are out and not
      return email's until Jan 3. It is frustating to have a new bow and
      not be able to shoot it.

      Thanks in Advance,

      Rask Ulfbjorn,
      Viking Archery Supply
    • James Koch
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 12 5:35 PM
        Gentlemen & Ladies,

        One of my crossbow customers just contacted me with a question I
        can't properly answer. He is building a crossbow and wants to know
        the minimum weight bolt he should use. He didn't specify a draw
        weight. No doubt this will vary depending on the prod composition,
        mass, and draw weight. I was wondering if there is such a formula,
        and if so where I might find it.

        Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"