[SCA-Archery] Re: Scottish Guard of Archers

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
      Greetings

      Well... dunno if it's the same document, but there is this:

      Richard II's Archers of the Crown
      James L. Gillespie
      The Journal of British Studies, Vol. 18, No. 2 (Spring, 1979), pp. 14-
      29

      I hasten to add that I don't have a copy of this myself, but I do
      have the reference, so anyone with access to this journal might look
      it up?

      Nigel

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Karl W. Evoy" <kweancel@...>
      wrote:

      > I have been cursing myself for letting this slip past me but:
      years ago,
      > while beginning my researching of archers, I came across a listing
      in I
      > think was Dissertated Abstracts international, which was a
      collection of
      > Masters and PHD theses. The interesting one was titled "The
      Cheshire Archers