Re: New to the group

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 4, 2007
      I am planning on being at GW in 2008. I am the centurian of archers
      for the Meridian Army. Look for a big guy with a crossbow and a red
      baldric over his armor or a longbow wit green and white fletched arrows.

      Ronan

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, ronan mackee <ronanmackee@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks I see you are from Meridies kingdom are you planning on going
      to gulf war next year ? If so It will be a honor to meet on the field.

      > by the name your name rocks
      >

      > Ronan Mackay

    • mystsdragon
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 7 8:47 PM
        Hello

        New to this group can someone bring me up to speed with the discussion going on?
      • htgalwm
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 8 8:48 AM
          Hullo,
          Well, there are several discussions ongoing lately:
          1. A poll for what format (type of shoot) people owuld like to see for an upcomming contest (SSAC).

          2. A discussion about forming a guild devoted to the promotion of period archery.

          3. A discussion of what 'period' means regarding bows.

          I'm sure there are others as well, but I think the three I mentioned the most interesting. You can click on any of the messages to read previous related posts.
          I hope this helps,
          and welcome to the list.

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "mystsdragon" <mysstdragon@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          >
          > New to this group can someone bring me up to speed with the discussion going on?

        • Sammi Cothern
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 8 10:46 AM
            Thank you they all sound like very good subjects I will read thru them

            YIS
            Cealleach Colquhoun C.B.P., C.A.A., C.A.A.C
            Captain of Sundragon Archery

            --

            YIS
            Cealleach Colquhoun C.B.P., C.A.A., C.A.A.C
            Captain of Sundragon Archery

            "If you ignore the dragon, it will eat you.  If you confront the dragon, it will overpower you.  If you ride the dragon, you will take advantage of its might and power."