Opinion on book

  • P. Baldt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2007
      Does anyone have/seen:

      Traditional Archery - from Six Continents

      The Charles E. Grayson Collection

      Thoughts/opinions/likes/dislikes?

      Thanks,

      Patty Baldt

      An te' ruadh

    • ronan mackee
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 29, 2007
        no sound real cool though

        ronan

        Traditional Archery - from Six Continents

        The Charles E. Grayson Collection

        Thoughts/opinions/ likes/dislikes?

        Thanks,

        Patty Baldt

        An te' ruadh

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
        #ygrp-mkp #hd{
        #ygrp-mkp #ads{
        margin-bottom:10px;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad{
        padding:0 0;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
        font-family:Arial;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a{
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o{font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal{
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq{margin:4;}
        -->

      • Robert Lauderdale
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
          Is that the one published by the University of Missouri?

          Chidiock

          > Traditional Archery - from Six Continents
          >
          > The Charles E. Grayson Collection
          >

          > Thoughts/opinions/likes/dislikes?
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Patty Baldt
          >
          > An te' ruadh

        • logantheboweyder
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
            Haven't seen it, nor the collection, but reviews of the collection
            say it is the best traditionial archery collection from around the
            world in existance. Dr Grayson's reputation can't be understated.

            Logan

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "P. Baldt" <pbaldt@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have/seen:
            >
            > Traditional Archery - from Six Continents
            >
            > The Charles E. Grayson Collection
            >

            > Thoughts/opinions/likes/dislikes?
            >

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Patty Baldt
            >
            > An te' ruadh

          • Patty Baldt
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
              Yes. A set/collection of several books?
              Patty

              From: "Robert Lauderdale" <chidiock@...>
              Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:43:39 -0600

              Sent via the KillerWebMail system at mail.amerion.com
            • Robert Lauderdale
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
                I have an inquiry into the Anthro department about this book or books.
                Having gotten free run of the Grayson collection for an afternoon, I can say
                it will be a tall order for them to produce a book that does it justice.

                Chidiock

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
                  Well, so that is what Dr. Grayson has been up to! He
                  told me he was going to work on another article about
                  whistling arrows for me. The little rascal.

                  In my opinion the book will be absolutely wonderful. I
                  haven't seen it BUT I have done some research in the
                  collection and talked to Dr. Grayson about my
                  research. I think if you bought the book you will not
                  be disappointed.

                  Respectfully,
                  karin
                  Apprentice to Master Andras Truemark