Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: IKAC status?

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007

      > The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
      > have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
      > posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.

      I would propose another potential 'reason' for the dropoff. For I know it
      is mine:

      There is too much regular fun archery in my area, to worry about shooting
      IKAC's. Really, that about sums it up. Back when I used to shoot IKAC's
      and Winter Challenges really regularly ... well, there were only 3 events a
      year locally that even had archery. So you did whatever you could at
      practices.

      Now, there is an event every weekend with archery. So at practices we tend
      to just shoot a few royals to 'stay in shape' and then call it a day.

      (I might also bring up the standard 'Society is getting older, having kids,
      and having less time to do stuff' card as well)

      Siegfried

    • Siegfried
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007