Quiver Pattern

  • thmcinnish
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
      I am looking for back and hip quiver patterns. Any assitance would be
      appreciated.
    • logantheboweyder
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
        Adapted from a suggestion earlier this year from Master Chiddiok:

        1 - Go to Pier 1 and get 2 cheap straw placemats
        2 - overlap them and sew them together (2 placemats sized 24"X15" sewn
        overlapped into a 24X24 square) {sizes are approximated from memory}
        3 - Sew them into a hoop
        4 - sew the bottom shut, reinforced bottom with fabric if you so choose
        5 - weave a net with artificial sinew that ties tightly at each
        connection point of the top of the quiver, to hold the quiver open and
        stop the feathers from being mashed
        6 - Attach an overly long strip of cloth that matches the trim of the
        placemats, at the top and bottom of the quiver, and can be looped over
        and tied to your belt or go over your head and shoulder

        Logan
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "thmcinnish" <thmcinnish@...>