Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: IKAC status?

  • THL Caedmon Wilson
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 7, 2007
      > This would be a good point to redefine the IKAC by the society and
      > kingdom archery leadership into something that can used as a tool to
      > push archery forward.

      I cannot disagree more. The "interkingdom" in the name is only a
      label, not a mandate. It was a privately-created shoot and should
      stay that way. It has become a standard due to use, not mandate.

      --
      THL Caedmon Wilson

      Oaken Region Youth Combat Marshal

      Leather Armor at Blacktower Enterprises
      http://www.paragonkeep.com/BTE.html
    • Siegfried
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 10, 2007

        > The past couple of seasons the number of people shooting IKACs seems to
        > have declined. My take is that this is due to the scores not being
        > posted in a timely manner and the trend moving towards novelty shoots.

        I would propose another potential 'reason' for the dropoff. For I know it
        is mine:

        There is too much regular fun archery in my area, to worry about shooting
        IKAC's. Really, that about sums it up. Back when I used to shoot IKAC's
        and Winter Challenges really regularly ... well, there were only 3 events a
        year locally that even had archery. So you did whatever you could at
        practices.

        Now, there is an event every weekend with archery. So at practices we tend
        to just shoot a few royals to 'stay in shape' and then call it a day.

        (I might also bring up the standard 'Society is getting older, having kids,
        and having less time to do stuff' card as well)

        Siegfried